EHS ALUMNI REUNION
Due to the closing of Evarts High School, we endured a transition period and for a couple of years we simply did not have the opportunity or resources to get the school ready for upcoming reunions. We are pleased to announce that the Multipurpose Center - Cloverfork Club for Progress and Education has purchased EHS and renovation/repair efforts to the old section of the school have been and are still underway. In the near future, they hope to receive assistance from the Evarts High School Alumni and Scholarship Association and EHS Alumni. When the school closed it was in the best shape it had seen in many, many years. Without an opportunity to purchase the school or provide the community/area businesses with a chance to utilize it in some capacity, it was left vacant and the effects of vandalism, theft, lack of heat, etc. had taken their toll. We continue to face numerous challenges but would like to announce that EHS, as it has been for the past several years, will once again host the Annual Labor Day Reunion.
Scholarships and Donations
As of 2022, the Evarts Alumni & Scholarship Association has given approximately $604,784 dollars
in scholarships to Cloverfork students. Even though we were been unable to hold the 2020 and 2021
Reunions, we still committed to providing $5000 in 2020 and $8000 in 2021 to our scholarship
applicants! In 2022, we provided $12,000 in scholarships and hope to do the same in 2023! When factoring in
matching scholarships, we estimate that over one million dollars has been provided over the years! Each year that passes by, our resources become fewer and we do not have the money to give to the students like we used to. We ask that if you can, please make a donation and/or start an annual scholarship to help these students who are so deserving. We have established a PayPal account that will allow you to make secure donations of any amount and will provide a donation receipt. Look for the 'Donate' button to the right at the bottom left of every page. You can also make donations in person during the Reunion or via mail by sending them to Arlene Brown, PO Box 166, Evarts, KY 40828.
We attempt to gather as much information as possible regarding alumni that have passed on and get that out to everyone. Surely we miss some and never look forward to completing this part of our website nor sharing the information to our photo galleries on Facebook. If you have someone that you would like to add to the Deceased List, please send that information to Arlene Brown at email@example.com. As we complete the deceased listings, you will be able to view and download them below.
Additional details and information will also be available on Facebook and below. The Labor Day Reunion is always scheduled around the Labor Day Holiday weekend, which is the first full weekend of September.
Saturday, September 2nd, 2023
- Doors open at EHS at 10:00 am
- Business Session & Awards begin in the gym at 11:00 am. We will be honoring past alumni, giving out scholarships and updating you on the progress of the school and status of our organization.
- Individual Class Reunions will begin at 1:00 pm
- Lunch: TBA
- The Silent Auction will end at 7 pm.
- The Dance/Social Gathering will begin at 8:00 pm. We understand that this is more of a time for you to gather together and visit with each other than anything. We will have a DJ that will take your requests giving you an opportunity to dance or simply set and talk/listen to music.
- All registration fees, etc. go directly toward scholarships for Cloverfork Students.
- Donations can be made on our website at http://www.evartsalumni.com/, in person during the Reunion or via mail by sending them to Arlene Brown, PO Box 166, Evarts, KY 40828
- We exist to serve the Alumni and current students of Cloverfork. Without your help and donations, we cannot provide scholarships or hold reunions. To date and with your help, we have given over $600,000 out! If you have received a scholarship from us in the past or would like to help, please donate. It will be very much appreciated!